Setup shouldn’t take longer than ten minutes. If setup fails or if it takes longer than ten minutes, there are a number of things that could be interfering with your device.
1. Move your device next to your router to eliminate signal interference
We recommend moving your SENS8 device as close to the router as possible to eliminate signal interference for the initial update. Some building materials, as well as proximity to other electronics and wireless devices, can affect Wi-Fi performance. To learn more, visit Wireless Interference.
2 Try another mobile device or tablet
If you’re still having trouble setting up your SENS8, try setting up with another iOS or Android device. If you don’t plan to continue using the SENS8 app on this device, make sure to sign out of your account once setup is completed.
Note: Before attempting setup again, reset your SENS8 device first.
3 Other troubleshooting tips
- If you continue to have trouble here are some other things to consider:
- Verify your network is supported: SENS8 only supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi.
- Check your network speed
- Check internet connection
- Split your network into distinct SSIDs if using dual band
- Update your router's firmware